Re: Tony Avent speaks on the issues surrounding registration.

LOL, Diane!
And don't forget requiring a background check (to see if you have ever used
hostas for illegal purposes) and a one month waiting period...

The background check might be a problem..If addiction is a reason to deny
sale, then we are all in trouble!

But seriously, I agree with the excellent points made by members of
hosta-open on the subject of registration. The AHS has the right to
restrict auctions and sales at the conventions any way they like. BUT,
these decisions should be made by majority vote of the membership, not by
the discussion and votes of a handful of people in charge or by those
members who are fortunate enough to be able to attend the Convention.

And what is the deal with this "Preferred Grower?" I'm a new member of the
AHS, so don't know the details. Are those businesses present on the list I
was sent in my new member package PG's? What are the criteria for inclusion
in this group? Who makes the decisions? And how does the AHS plan to
guarantee that if I use one of their PG's I will be getting a plant or deal
superior to those offered by smaller growers?

Gerry