Re: Tony Avent speaks on the issues surrounding registration.

Gerry/Bob O'Neill wrote:

> And what is the deal with this "Preferred Grower?"... And how does the AHS plan
> to guarantee that if I use one of their PG's I will be getting a plant or deal
> superior to those offered by smaller growers?

The Preferred Grower Program has nothing to do with larger or smaller growers,
quality of plants, or, as Gary pointed out, even the growing of hostas.  As it
stands, you would become a "preferred grower" if simply by agreeing to follow the
guidelines set up by the AHS on the selling of registered and unregistered
hostas.  As I understand it, Walmart could be a "preferred grower" if they agreed
to only sell only registered hostas.  I guess they would have to join the AHS
too.  In fact, the local roadside stand down the a couple miles from here
sometimes sells a few undulatas, I guess they would qualify too.

Chick