Re: Your post on hosta-open Digest V13483

Joe,

to understand it well.

I am glad you posted. I was getting ready to post to you and suggest you
MUST subscribe to the new line server because you are missing some
stimulating discussion. Also we need your input which is without  peer
in the hosta group.

Robins, Joe and I have been corresponding for a few months now. He is a
Phd Geneticist who lives down the road a piece from our Hosta friends
Charlie Purtymun and Jay Hyslop of Walden West Hostas in Scotts Mills,
Oregon. Joe is a daylily guy with a nursery and somewhat new to hostas
but he has already past us in knowlege in most aspects of genetics and
breeding. I say that everyone should welcome Joe. Also,  I insist he
join <nise@onelist.com> to help us out in understanding variegation and
related subject matter. You can do this yourself, Joe. Simply send a
post to:
        < nise-subscribe.com>

In the text, write..... signon nise

Then Bill Nash, majordomo will click a botton and you are on.

Thanks a million, Joe , for responding to the post initiated by Dr. Jim
Anderson on nise regarding Hosta Variegation. Now we are getting up a
head of steam and down to the nitty gritty....(.how is that for a
metaphoric mix?)  I had just sat down to my computer  work bench to
attempt a post to summarize some of the work of Dr. Marcotrigiano in
position type variegation patterns  and chimeras due to cytoplasmic
inheritance. You have beat me to the punch on this but that doesn't
matter. We are entering into a new field of thought and discussion re
variegation and we need you with us. PLEASE JOIN IN , not just on
digest.

Jim Hawes
hawesj@gcnet.net