Re: Chemical control of southern blight in Peanuts

Here's the web site for Novartis, the producer of Moncut. Moncut 50 WP
is available at my local ag. dealer. I don't have the price yet, they
will phone back later today.

The product name is Montero and is to be introduced in time for the
peanut crop in 1999. This would be an ag. chemical and most likely
restricted use meaning you need an applicators license to purchase. Just
a reminder, the label is the law and must be obeyed.

Wonder how hostas would look interplanted with peanuts? <joke>

Follow the below links to Novartis:

http://www.cp.us.novartis.com/corpinfo/press/990317montero.shtml

http://www.cp.us.novartis.com/products/cropprotection/brochures/montero/
montero_qa.shtml

Here's the label and MSDS sheet: (adobe acrobat need for reading)

http://www.cp.us.novartis.com/msds_general_frame.html

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
zone 7