Re: sports

James M. Anderson wrote:

> John,
>
> Ran and I were discussing what is being marketed, not the problems with
> growing certain varieties.  Yes, H. Francis Williams is difficult, but not
> impossible, to culture, but that is no excuse for selling the culls to
> unsuspecting buyers.  Ran is right to worry about how pollution of the
> market with bad Hosta can eventually come back and haunt us all.  Production
> of bad Hosta from any lab, hurts all the labs.
>
> Jim Anderson

YOU HAVE IT EXACTLY!! The same problem applies to those that grow Tc on
and sell to "end users"  if the material marketed is not true , the
consumer will tend to blame the whole industry. We will 'so to speak'
all get tar'd with the same brush!  I know we can't stop it from
hapening in many cases, but I believe we can all participate in the on
going education of gardeners, and try to provid accurate and
understandable facts regarding the whole process.
Ran