Re: bed prep

Is one simply spinning one's wheels(and breaking his/her back) by double
digging; retain the clay soil; mix it with Pro-Mix or the like; add some
bark; add Green Sand; add sharp sand; and, then putting this mixture back in
the area whence the clay soil was taken?

I think this is what P.Stygall did and her garden is ne plus ultra. The
plantations are superb and huge. I don't think your formula will give instant
success; indeed, it appears it would take years to break up the clay.

Clyde Crockett z5