Re: Fertilizing

Not to over do a minor point but any amendment should be placed on top of
the ground since it must be taken into the soil by organisms such as the
fungi.

Fertilizer could be scratched in but it is just as well put on top and
washed in with water.

None of this applies to container growing where we have removed the plants
from the ground (earth). Fertilizer, minerals, etc., everything should be
mixed homogeneously into the growing media in container growing. Notice I
don't use the word soil because real soil won't work in a container unless
it is added in small quantities.
Dirt will actually spoil in a container but simple clay sprinkled on top of
a container does well because it has a good cation exchange numbers.

Probably more than you wanted to know.

> Hi Butch & All,
>
>I erred. I meant scratch it in as one does with aluminum sulfate around
>rhodies.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Clyde Crockett z5

Butch Ragland So. Indiana zone 5