ploidy

There was some discussion about ploidy in hosta species. A good
hybridizer and I dont mean those that only collect seed, duly notes
both female and male parent of a cross. In doing so it is easy to see
that mendelian laws aply to hosta  An example is a 1 to 3
splitting of Snow Flakes flower colour in the F2. This would not be
possible if the plants were polyploid. A large number of the crosses
I make are made just to find out about the inhertitance of leaf,
flower and other characters.
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden