Re: Foliar Fertilizing???

Hi Clyde:

   I was not suggesting that hostas are in any way corn, potatoes or
soybeans, but if you lay out an uninterrupted buffet for certain pests and
diseases, they will most definitely come!  Ferns, carex, and other assorted
perennials which are not all that delectable to slugs will at least make them
work for their meals as they slime through the garden in search of a midnight

   Besides, I was speaking as a grungy old dirt gardener --- my plants grow
plenty fast and plenty healthy.  I simply don't need plants to increase in
size by 4 or 5 hundred percent in a single season.  If I were in the business
of growing them for fun AND profit, I might feel differently!!

   And, hey, if you feel the need to fertilize hostas to death, maybe they
are more like "soybeans, corn and potatoes" than you care to admit! ;-)

Love ya, Clyde!