Re: yellow color in Hosta

Jim thanks for the explanation that you sent.  It certainly explains what we
are able to observe when plants are growing and developing.  For example I do
not expect Stained Satin to be as large as Lakeside Black Satin because of
its white center. Although it is growing at a surprising rate.
I have also observed that many times when a seedling becomes stable the green
plants are larger and more vigorous than their variegated mates even though
they came form the same seed originally.
We still have a gene factor, I guess, that also controls the rate of growth
and the size of the plant.  The thing that bugs me is when working for small
plants, I often get medium or larger and the other way around.  So I guess
that the gens that are recessive in parent plants may not be in its
seedlings.
Mary