Re: Fertilizing

In a message dated 8/21/1999 8:23:14 PM Central Daylight Time,
wilddog@venus.net writes:

<< You miss the point altogether, it is not good for the Hosta.

 >Chick,
 >
 >Monoculture in the Hosta bed.  Boy that is going to have a huge ecological
 >impact.  Those several hundred acre Hosta plots are going to be the breeding
 >grounds for the next great Hosta pest.  I am truely woried.
 >
 >Jim A. >>
 Butch,
I have read many books on soil. I simply cannot understand why you think that
great gardeners and so much history decry your method.
Please cite one source.

I find your view interesting, but I would classify it as a theory. Not
proven. You must deal with the English and French methods.
Best,

Clyde C.