This really is beside the point, I guess, but I offer this comment. Two
weeks ago a local landscaper came by here to buy plants for some of his
projects at Mountainaire, a subdivision at the top of a 5000 foot peak
where lots sell for $150,000.00 each, and told me that our garden has
given him a totally differnet perspective on landscaping! I now have
about 500 different hostas, many in multiples of 100 due to the TC lab,
and there is very little room for anything else!  It truly is a
beautiful site, and so far the lack of other things hasn't hurt anything
that I can see. Our main problem is the almost continuous rain we have
had this summer. That in combination with the cool temperatures, rarely
above 70, has made the weeds very competive for space. I guess the
weeds are serving as our companion plants, at least until we can dig
them out, and the preen kicks in. Preen works folks.
John Lanier
Burnsville, NC