Re: Fertilizing

My understanding of what Butch seems to be saying is that the soil
suffers, not the hostas. I believe we can all agree with that. Bob
mentioned the pleasantness of a adequate food to eat. We all know that
this is possible only with intensive fertilizing practices which is
quite harmful to the soil in many ways, especially when huge amounts of
water are pumped up from the ground to keep the crops wet. The practice
of sustainable agriculture, promoted by so many, truly is better, and
this will, no doubt, become more evident as the populations increase.

JML