Re: Fertilizing

bob wrote:

You have hit on it Bob. There is no solution! If we keep up with the
population increases, particularly in Asia, we do so at tremendous
direct costs to the rest of the worlds resources (labor of taxpayers),
and terminal harm to the soil! There is only one earth, and once we
destroy it where will all these people live??  Sustainable agriculture
people admit that the system won't feed the world, and they, like you
and I, simply don't know what to do about it!  In civilized societies,
you simply don't let people starve to death.

 What is your solution or alternative that can
> still feed all the people.

Unfortunately, there seems to be none. This is the sad world our future
generations will inherit. Maybe this is one of the reasons for space
exploration. Man is fast on the road to destroying his own environment.
I read somewhere that the single most destructive invention in the
history of man is the flush toilet. Not many streams that are not down
right poison, so say nothing of being safe to drink out of!
JML