fertilizing/tc plants

Good morning
	Since there has been so much discussion about fertilizer I want to say
that I buy cow compost by the truckloads and never plant anything
without my trusty wheelbarrow full of it. It is about the best thing I
have ever seen for hostas or anything else I plant.
	I would like people's response to a question I posed to someone the
other night but haven't heard back from him yet. I buy tc plants from
Shady Oaks mostly in the early spring and plant them first in pots and
then in the ground to grown and winter over. They are a combination of
smaller plants but most have even bloomed. It is alot of hard work
fertilizing, weeding, potting, everything that goes with it to produce
the best plant I can. I have always enjoyed it though. The plants that I
get all look the very same the next spring as they did the year before
and in the catalog and the photos I see of them. What else am I supposed
to do to be sure they are a true to type plant. By the way I maybe sell
a couple of thousand plants and don't mark them up much and after
expenses and working all summer on them it doesn't amount to alot of
profit if any. I figure I fill a niche for people who want more plants
for their money and are willing to grow them a bit longer than paying 3
times as much for a larger one.