Ming Treasure

My first flower was open on Ming Treasure Friday morning.  I first removed
the anthers and then put pollen from Thia Brass on the pistol.  There was no
pollen from Ming Treasure so I brought the anthers in thinking it would be
ready later in the day.  It was not.  This morning (Sun) the pollen from Ming
T. is soft and fluffy.  Could this mean that the Ming T. Would be more likely
to set a seed if pollinated the next day or just what can we learn from this?
Mary