Re: Fertilizing/ "Organic" Gardening

In a message dated 8/22/1999 9:31:02 PM Central Daylight Time,
chick@bridgewoodgardens.com writes:

<<  "Different plants have different nutritional needs."  Well, that's true,
but
 have you ever seen a hosta garden where the hostas have depleted the soil of
 nutrients.  And if so, what companion plants should be planted with the
hostas to
 alleviate the problem?   >>

I think I have a solution. Dig up your monogeneric hosta garden and plant the
hostas in containers. Sow annual winter rye in the beds. In spring, rorotill
the beds and replant hostas.
In fall, remove hostas and place in containers. Cut down anything that is
creating shade. In spring, plant bed with some garish marigolds. In fall,
replant shade trees.(This could prove to be quite dear.)
Then replant hostas  the next spring.
And then repeat, as indicated above.

Clyde Crockett z5