Re: fertilizing/tc plants

In a message dated 8/22/1999 10:37:12 PM Central Daylight Time,
ranbl@netsync.net writes:

<< here is no right age or size.  It is important that every
 "grower/seller" be ready, however, to stand behind what they represent
 they are selling, and not try to blaim the Tc labs for the errors that
 seller places on the market.
 Ran >>

I agree -- but what should I do with the tokudama 'Flavocircinalis' which are
32 plants and I have no idea what they are? They are not a bad looking Hosta.
As a rule I would say that I have had very few problems with TC'ed plants,
but mistakes do happen. I would even go so far as to say that I have had more
problems with normal plant material than I have had with the TC plants I have
Last year I received 100 spiderworts that were supposed to be blue-but they
were white, also I received 50 Siberian Iris that were supposed to be
redish-purple and they turned out to be white and I can mention a few more
problems I had last year.
In all I would say that the number of TC'd Hosta that I have purchased that
were off types do not compare to the percentage of off (or mislabeled) plants
I have received of other plant material.
 I do not worry too much about off typed TC'ed Hosta - if it's not right you
can see that in most cases with in one year. This is assuming you know what
the Hosta is supposed to look like.
The problem comes when You have a plant that you do not have a clue on what
it is supposed to be. It pays to know the product you are selling and this
knowledge is only gained with experience and education.