Re: Fertilizing/ Organic Gardening/Hot Water Cure for Foliar Nematodes

Not a direct answer but mealy bugs are a real problem for African Violets.
Hot water at 125 degrees F will kill them. I have a very accurate
thermometer to help create a bath of 125F water. I dipped the plants weekly
in the bath and finally ridded the plants.  I had 3000 Violets growing on
plant racks similar to the Hosta seed starting racks.

I've felt that a vat of hot water where the exit temperature was controlled
to 125 degrees would kill spider mites etc on conifers.

Solberg did a study on a hot water treatment for foliar nematodes, does
anyone have it.

>How many minutes do you leave a foliar nematode-infested hosta in hot water
>and how hot should water be?
>
>Clyde Crockett z5

Butch Ragland So. Indiana zone 5