Re: Fertilizing/ "Organic" Gardening

Ray W wrote:

I don't  have to go to that much trouble Ray. I use many chemicals at
many times of the year to "unsuccessfully" control dandylions and
clover. Seeds just blow down the hill from my neighbors yard. He doesn't
worry about the problem at all. Actually I have quit fighting the clover
except at the edge of the beds to prevent it from creeping into the
beds. I have used quite a bit of preen this year, and have high hopes
for it. In reality, I don't have a monoculture of anything I guess. The
continuous rainfall (good rain at least once a week) takes care of that.
I enjoy it a lot though, so I guess I won't plow anything under just
yet. Hope nobody else will either, certainly not based on the robin
discussions. You have to take all that chatter with a grain of salt. I
think many people just like to talk about things, anything, late at
night sometimes. Most of the time I ignore it, but sometimes put in my
2 worth, unfortunately for me, and everybody else I think. Good luck,
John Lanier, Burnsville, NC