Re: Fertilizing/ "Organic" Gardening

In a message dated 8/23/1999 5:19:26 AM Central Daylight Time,
jlanier@yancey.main.nc.us writes:

<< In a message dated 8/22/1999 9:31:02 PM Central Daylight Time,
 > chick@bridgewoodgardens.com writes:
 >
 > <<  "And from a purely aesthetic perspective..." has nothing to do with the
 >  question.  I'm not saying that you should plant hostas by themselves.  >>
 >
 >  Actually, A. Lacy wrote that he could conceive of a garden with nothing
but
 > hostas.

 I had a "high end" landscaper come through here a week or so ago, who
 said the very same thing! Actually I do have a great diversity of things
 growing among my hostas. WEEDS, weeds amd more weeds. What a mess. JML

 John and All,

I would trade my clumps of Chasmanthium latifolium for weeds. At least, you
can pull up most weeds. I swear those northern sea oats have practically
taken over my back-back garden. I have more need for a machete than I do for
Round-Up.

Clyde Crockett z5