Re: Shade Fanfare/Aureo Marginata

In a message dated 8/23/1999 5:48:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
backhoe@scan.missouri.org writes:

<<
 Can you tell me the differences in the above two hosta. I thought they were
 all shade fanfare but one is blooming white and one is blooming lavender.
 The leaf size and colors are very similar. This is my first year for both of
 them and I thought they were different but they sure look a lot alike.
 Thanks,
 Jean >>
If these are the two plants that you have - they are easy to tell apart.
'Shade Fanfare' is yellow green in the center with a cream margin, while your
'Aureo Marginata' is solid green in the center and has a yellowish margin.

Personally I do not like 'Shade Fanfare' it's to busy with all the bright
colors. It's a fast grower.

Paul