Re: First Love ???

Ronald Livingston wrote:
> Hosta Lovers,
>      Would anyone like to share the anwsers to the following
> questions?
>            #1. What started your interest in hostas ?
  When I was a child of about 5 years old, I first found out that my Mom
had hostas...the unopened flowers made a great "popping" sound (later I
found out they were lancifolia). I always liked them, and when I got my
first house, a few albo-marginatas were there, and I bought a few more
common ones. Then I really decided to "go for it" and have a hosta
garden. I read Paul Aden's book, and was hooked.

>            #2. Did you have a " first-love", if so, which hosta ?
   I'd probably have to say my first love was Gold Standard. Still a

Diane Frederick
Cleveland Hts., OH