Re: Preferred Growers, etc.

Jim Langhammer,

Ok, you have expressed your opinion about me and have given me a
lecture...siding with Bill Reichert on hosta -open, not in a private
post. You criticize me for "uncivil exchange" which you are doing in
your post. You say that my rebuttal to Clarence was out of line. My
rebuttal to you is that my rebuttal to Clarence  would not have been
necessary if Clarence had not initiated  a personal attack on me.

I noted in my first post on this subject that there probably would be
several pot-shots taken at me  and that if so, I would retaliate in
kind. So far, there have been four such personal attacks:

by Clarence Falstad because of my general opposition to new AHS
by Steve Chamberlain  about whether or not the Pod Counting article was
good or bad science
by Bill Reichert suggesting that I should try to be a good person
by Jim Langhammer charging that my post toClarence was an uncivil

OK, you fired  away and you missed. You don't bother me a bit with your
personal opinions. I don't care for your opinions  either.  What is
quite obvious here is that I am opposing bad policy that will harm the
AHS and that a few people (four) are attacking me personally for
expressing my opposition  to bad policy. Go figure.

Jim Hawes