Re: AHS Incorporation/Preferred Growers, etc.

Giboshiman@aol.com wrote:

> I apologize, I thought I sent this message to the robin some time ago.  The
> AHS is incorporated in the State of Minnesota.  The last time the By-laws
> were changed and filed in Minnesota was on January 3, 1995.  The changes that
> were made at that time were those necessary for the AHS to obtain its
> 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, which it obtained in 1995.

> OK, you fired  away and you missed. You don't bother me a bit with your
> personal opinions. I don't care for your opinions  either.  What is
> quite obvious here is that I am opposing bad policy that will harm the
> AHS and that a few people (four) are attacking me personally for
> expressing my opposition  to bad policy. Go figure.
>
> Jim Hawes

I am on Jim's side, here. I thought he made some good points, and agree
that the new policies will HURT every member of the AHS. It will not be
helpful to anyone.
  I do like the "grandfather" idea of automatically registering any
hosta named before a certain date, though 1959 seems like way too long
ago, considering all the new introductions that are on the IAC list. It
would still leave the IAC list almost completely intact.  1988 might be
a better year.
  And to respond to the interesting point that the AHS bylaws have not
been resubmitted for changes to the state of Minnesota leads me to
believe that all our worries are for nought.  If they have not been
resubmitted for changes, then the IAC is automatically null and void,
and cannot be enforced upon our membership!  If I am wrong in this
theory, and supposition, please correct me. If I'm right, then it may be
time to celebrate! :)

Diane Frederick
Cleveland Hts., OH