Re: Commercial interest / determined masses / interesting subjects

Dean Sliger wrote:

> Daniel Nelson wrote:
>
> > I would add Hosta-Open to your above list of politically proper arenas.
> > I hope your omission of the internet for voicing concerns was
> > unintentional.
> >
> > Because if it wasn't, you ain't going to like it around here.
>
> O.k., so is there, then, a list for people who just want to learn about and
> discuss hostas without all the club politics?
>
> Dean Sliger
> Warren, MI, USA

*********
Dean
What you read and see in the corrospondance here, is only a bit of the
actual process that is the world of Hostas.  We welcome any exchange
here which adds to the knowledge of the plant we all love to grow. These
plants can not be Hybridized, examined, traded, and grown, brought to
conventions, published, find their way into educational channels, and
into your garden, without the attached politics.  We are currently
experiencing a difficulty, where a few (mostly non growers) are
attempting to use the national organization to direct growers in some of
their pusiness practices.  You are watching the growers respond.  In
doing this they may actually be looking out for you .  They have to,
after all, have your best intrest at heart.  Here is a place to listen
and learn . Take advantage of it.
Ran Lydell