Re: Streaked Sport '?'

Dan Skwarek wrote:

> Hello All-
>
> I have a streaked sport of 'Gold Standard.'  Quite nice and very streaky.  I am
> wondering if it is possible to maintain this "streaky sport" or if it will
> inevitably revert to Gold Standard or some other stable form.  Streaked Breeders
> are maintainable should I assume that this one will be with the same effort?  Can I
> expect to see a similar hosta next spring from this plant?
>
> Thanks
> Mike Pinterics
Hi Mike
	Not to discourage you but I have a streaked Gold Standard which you can
see on my homepage. Everyone else said they had one but I knew mine just
had to be better. This is the second year and as fast as it puts out new
leaves the old ones get sunbleached and disintegrate. I probably won't
kill it but it isn't worth anything for a garden plant.
--
Bye
Bob