Destruction of hopsta-open?

I am not a member of the American Hosta Society, have no desire to
join and have little concern whether or not it continues in existance.
However, I do know that some people like Jim Hawes and others care
very much about the AHS and what is happening with the society.  I can
sympathize with them because I have had to deal with the same kind of
idiotic behavior in the daylily society where board members are, among
other things, allowed to make false allegations and even use forged
documents to kick people off "their" robin that they don't like.  It
seems that the greed for power that exists within the hosta society
exists in just about all plant organizations.

I've corresponded with Jim Hawes for about a year now and I find him
to be a very honorable person who cares very much about hostas and the
hosta society.  He is also a person like myself who is not afraid to
speak out, who likes a search for the truth and who doesn't get
impressed by blowhearts.

Recently there has been some complaints about all the political stuff
on hosta-open with one member setting up a new robin that excludes
"political" discussions.  Much of this political stuff has centered
around Jim Hawes and his desires to reform the AHS.  I've discussed
some of this with Jim in private correspondance and he recently told
me a few things that sort of clicked together for me.

It seems that someone on hosta-open remarked about something Jim said
about someone else that Jim didn't word quite as precisely as it
should have been worded.  Carolyn S. picked up on this and apparently
made a fictitious charge against Jim, claiming someone filed a protest
against Jim on the AHS robin that apperently never was made.  She
applied the AHS guidelines as if Jim made the remark on the AHS robin
that Carolyn has total control over. It is becoming clear to me that
this charge was made up for the specific purpose of getting Jim ticked
off because THEY know Jim is the fighting type that doesn't take this
type of BS and that Jim would post messages on hosta-open about this.
They also know that certain people on hosta-open don't get excited
about political stuff on hosta-open.  Thus, get Jim to post yet
another political message on hosta-open to irritate these people who
want to only talk about "hostas" and encourage them to start a new
robin!  It is clear to me that Carolyn S. and others in the AHS have
been plotting and scheming to destroy hosta-open and that they used
unsuspecting members of hosta-open to help them carry out this goal by
encouraging them to set up a new robin that doesn't allow political
discussion.

Joe Halinar