Re: Destruction of hopsta-open?

Destruction of hosta-open?

Can't see it happening.

First there was the first AHS robin.
This robin had police who were publicly known.
Then it was shut down without notice.

Second there was Hosta-open. It was started to fill the void.
Many  members joined hosta-open from the closed AHS robin.
No one has ever been warned about a posting. That includes Butch R. who
once even used the "F" word in a posting.

Third there was the new AHS robin(the present one)
This robin we are told is monitored by three secret police.

Fourth there was AHSpol.
A listserve started by Clyde C. for the discussion of AHS politics.

Fifth there was Pixlist.
A group of internet photo enthusiast with no listserve.

Sixth there was NISE.
Started by Bill Nash to discuss hosta hybridizing or anything you
desire.

Seventh there was Hostapix.
Bill Nash started Hostapix as a listserve to serve the members of
Pixlist.

Eighth there was HostaTalk.
Started by Patty W. to talk about hostas without any club politics.

Do any of these listserves threaten Hosta-open?

Definitely not. I see everyone that is on these listserves as an ally.

I belong to all of the above listserves because I don't want to miss
anything.

The only drawback to belonging to all of these listserves is many of us,
myself included, post to several listserves at one time. This results in
many of us receiving multiple postings of the same post.

Even this is no major problem.

Cause I just delete 'em.

I would imagine the AHS is not too happy at times with Hosta-open. I do
hope they have not sunk so low as to plot to destroy Hosta-open. We have
a few new members from Michigan that have join Hosta-open and seem bent
on telling some of us what we should be talking about. Don't worry. I
can tell by their postings that they have the right attitude for
Hosta-open. We want members that will speak up. And act up, too.

For instance, when Jim L. signed on and said he did not agree with some
aspects of the I.A.C., I thought, Great! Another Ally. Then he went
after my good friend, Jim Hawes. I figured, oh well, agreeing with Jim
L. on one topic out of two ain't bad.

Just keep posting folks. We aren't going anywhere for a long, long time.

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
zone 7
SussexTreeInc@ce.net