Sent: Friday, December 01, 2000 10:09 AM
Subject: ATTENTION: TAPE HOLDERS

Dec. 1 2000

To All Robin  Members:

Last winter Bob Axmear spent MANY HOURS making copies of the tapes from the
Chicago Scientific meetings from the past 6 years. Making tapes is tedious
and time consuming. THEY were made for the pleasure and education of ALL
robin members who wished to see them. NOT PASSING THEM ALONG IN A RESONABLE
TIME IS SIMPLY SELFISH.

A number of you requested to be put on a list to view the tapes. Bob made
five sets  which were mailed to the first people whose requested them. All
those first on the lists mailed them to the next person. However, since then,
several of you have allowed others to view them who were not on the list.
This is not fair to robin members who requested them and were already on one
of the lists. With five sets, it should not have taken too long to move them
along. I was allowing 3 weeks for viewing, or copying, if that was your
choice.

However, five of you are  now holding a set and refusing to answer posts from
either Bob or myself. I know who you are and we are not likely to add you to
any forthcoming lists.  THE SPIRIT OF YOUR BEHAVIOR REFLECTS POORLY ON ALL OF
US. GROW UP AND BE RESPONSIBLE. DO NOT MAKE GENEROSITY HARD TO SHARE. You are
free to make copies, but please pass on the originals. I receive posts asking
where they are. If you don't remember where to mail them just ask me. The
tapes were paid for by the Library and therefore are the property of the
library. Let us get the tapes moving before the Christmas rush.

WE ARE AWAITING YOUR COOPERATION.

REGRETFULLY,

Barbara Jones (Library treasurer)