Re: seedlings-dehumifier

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, December 02, 2000 8:38 PM
Subject: seedlings-dehumifier
**************************
Butch
Refrigation is the process of passing a high volume of gas, over a cool surface.  If the surface catches moisture ladend air, and it cools quickly, it will condinsate. That is of course what the de-humidifier is designed to do.  but if there is excessive moisture, cool enough coils, and a high enough volume of moisture ladened gas ( air ) some can freeze.  I am wondering why you are trying to grow your seedlings in water.  Bill Nash tried this , with disasterous results ( to parts of his house)  You should be "sealing" up each flat or growing unit, so it provides it's own "in house" humidty.  Then it won;'t matter, what the surrounding humidty ( in the room ) is.
Thanks
Ran

I have a dehumidifier in my basement near the seedling bench.  Can anyone tell me
why all of a sudden in is getting ice on the coils.  I was hoping to keep the humidity
down this winter; my seedlings sit in water and others have said this really will drive
up the humidity.

Butch Graves
Sylvania, Oh