Re: Is it Butch or is it AOL 6.0?

In a message dated 12/3/00 8:06:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
trueblue@micron.net writes:

I got that, too, and I'm not with AOL, nor do I use their browser.....odd.
Diane

Ok...this gets stranger and stranger!
Just spoke with AOL technician....he says Butch's symbols were a smiley face.
 But this is what he got on his screen when I forwarded it to him...

ÿþ<

What I get on my screen is this         <

Butch, or anybody...was Butch sending just a smiley face in 2 of his posts
today or did others get a full message?

HELP!

Carol in CT z6/5