publish or perish?

Contrary to the situation in the USA I dont depend on money from
outside. Moreover, being a year from retirement I am free to
investigate any plantgroup  I like and I liked Hosta so far. I am my
own boss so to speak.
 Lets assume my english is bad Would it not be nice that there
was at least some appreciation and help for someone trying to
write in another language?How much time would it take to improve
english on three pages? Why is it that I never get complaints from
the other ( english, not american ) plantsocieties I write for
I invite you all to write an article for the Dutch Hosta Socienty, it
maybe in any language, we will do the translation. I just translated
a german manuscript for the cactus society ( yes I am an editor
My publications in the AHS are not considered by me as scientific
Maybe  it depends on with what you compare it..True scientific
puclications contain new findings. What I do mostly in the AHS is
apply old rules ( old for me but new to most of you) and old
methods to a new plant ie Hosta. THere is nothing new when I
state that a mutation to white flower color is recessive I then further
elaborate on its application to hosta, based on my own
experiments, the white flower in plantaginea etc. Not being
scientific, these AHS articles dont count whatsoever for my
publication list, nor do I bother
I am accustomed to get flaming letters from some. I am not aware
of any insulting email in public from my side.
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands