Re: publish or perish?

----- Original Message -----
From: zonneveld <zonneveld@RULBIM.Leidenuniv.nl>
To: <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
Cc: hosta list <PHOENIX_HOSTA_ROBIN@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM>
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2000 4:34 AM
Subject: publish or perish?
*********************
Ben
On at least two occasions, I have had to "withdraw" ( from the Journal)
,articles I have written.  Many of us who write for the "Journal" have
experienced that.  I have never assumed that publication will be a given ,
just because I submit a piece, no matter how much care I have taken with the
content .  There are a lot of considerations, that go into picking the
pieces to be used in any issue, and time needs to be devoted to content of
the piece as well.  Why would you assume that submitting something , would
automaticaly lead to inclusion ?  I say this , not to be difficult, but
simply to give some perspective here.
Thanks
Ran

Why is it that I never get complaints from