RE: Newsletters,Societies,and the Internet

I'm there! I like the idea of a Tech meeting even if it is informal.

Lori

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hosta-open@mallorn.com
[mailto:owner-hosta-open@mallorn.com]On Behalf Of andrewl
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2000 8:05 PM
To: hosta-open@mallorn.com
Subject: Re: Newsletters,Societies,and the Internet

Hi Carol, Dan, and the wonderful hosta-open list,
RE:>>ANDREW saw a need for his local society, The Russ O'Harra Hosta
Society, to
have a web site, so he set one up!  I suspect he may even post their
local
newsletter there in time.
---------------------
Funny you should mention that, Carol.

PROPOSAL: ALL SOCIETIES NEED TO APPOINT/RECRUIT A TECHNOLOGY OFFICER!
All Regions, too.   This person could be to the society what the
newsletter editor is to the society.  And this person needs to be on
the board, kind of like an IT officer.  Otherwise, the board may not
have anyone on it that understands the technology and what can be
done.  They could veto things that should be done or heap tons of work
on the person that shouldn't be done.

PROPOSAL #2: THESE TECHNOLOGY OFFICERS SHOULD MEET AT THE NATIONAL
CONVENTION TO OFFER IDEAS AND TRY TO GET THIS COMMUNICATION AND WEB
SITE BUSINESS MOVING ALONG.  And at the speed boards move, most IT
people are going to be frustrated very quickly.  It is my personal
opinion that you'll need a President that is a computer capability
champion or you're going to be running in low gear.

What are other groups doing that already have had web sites for quite
a while?

(I just deleted about 7 paragraphs trying to not be so long-winded,
and to be nice...)

Andrew L.