Re: The invitation for private communications

Dear Kevin
I tried to comply with the deadline of the summer issue of the AHS
therefore I informed what the status was.After several requests  I
indeed got from Rick an Email in june with the remark that he had
problems with the article( language,contents?) and that he also
preferred to have more references. Although he did mention Vaughn
, he did not say what further kind of references he wanted.  I did
send per ongoing mail, a second version with more references Of
course reading  again my first version I had some improvements
myself too. So far I have not seen the article back with any
comments. In case some might have the impression otherwise, I
appreciate all the voluntairy work you do for the AHS The same is
true for Rick who  moreover was hampered by a serious illness and
a demanding job. With a more speedier respons, as I was
accustomed too with my earlier articles for you, two more articles
with new hosta information, based on sound experimentations like
the article on seed germination, could have been published in the
AHS. ( this last long sentence sure is bad english, bad dutch too)

Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands