Re: Computer trojans, worms, and the like.

Narda wrote:
> I am just grateful that whatever one has to use that it makes the world
> available at the click of a button, the hosta and gardening world that is.

This is the beauty of the internet--and all enabled by the
"standardized browsers" (though there are those that would love to make
these proprietary again, destroying innovation and the momentum of
Free Software, which has greatly facilitated this information
explosion, but that is an whole 'nother discussion).

The browser, coupled with the unification of the ethernet protocols into
supporting TCP/IP as the defacto standard for data communications globally is
what has enabled the tremendous growth in use of the internet.

While the MAC has supported arguably superior technology since
day one, and Unix/Linux have had superior design from a server point of
view for 30 years, MicroSoft and MS-Windows has empowered the masses to
enjoy more general use of computers. MS-Windows brings to computing what
TC brings to the Hostas--access by a much larger group of "users".

Unfortunately, getting us all to agree as to which is the BEST technology
for deployment on the desktop is about like getting us all to agree on
which landscape designs work best in our gardens.  It is nice to know,
however, that the main plant has changed little in 20 years (or in 10's
of thousands), and that genetics principles have remained
relatively static since the beginning, whenever that was.  Of this fact, I
imagine the evolutionists and the creation-evolutionists agree.

We are simply learning the mechanisms, rather than creating them and IMO,
God was a much better designer of living things than humans are of
computers.  Now if we could just get a better handle on just who God is...

Well, on that note...

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Gud Jul, Hyvaa Joulua

Andrew Lietzow