Re: Digital Cameras

Dear Alan and Vickie,
The "photographers" here will probably tell you in greater detail why
this is true, but as always, you mostly get what you pay for.  This
subject evokes lots of supporters of multiple brands and so I'll offer
my two cents worth, early on.

I have a Sony FD-91.  It has the built in floppy disk drive.  I got it
1st because of this feature, and then secondly because of the 14x zoom
lenses.  Since that time, I know Sony has come out with something
better, of course, and there are several other manufacturers that offer
great products for a lot less money (in the $400's instead of the
$900's).   I've never regretted having the Sony but will, of course,
look forward to getting something that supports even higher resolution
someday.   Fortunately, by then, the products will be twice the camera
at half the price.

When I first got the digital, all I took were digital pictures.  Now I
try to take a little of both, simply because I've never even printed one
of the digitial images.  For me, digital is primarily about the web, so
printing just hasn't been of interest.   Now and then, however, the
family likes to see a picture of themselves--the digital is 95% for
Hostas and 5% for other interests.  Get the picture?

Good Luck!   Do lots of research, that's what I would say because there
are SO many good values out there.  Then, once you find what you want,
check out eBay as a possible source as you could save some serious

Hosta la Vista!
Andrew Lietzow