Re:

Hi Denise,
I'm a lurker, but I had to share my method of keeping deer away with you.
For several years I had trouble with them.  I didn't have any leaves to take
to the cut leaf
shows and when it came time for the clubs sale all I had was nubs.  Then a
friend told me he
puts a radio out and keeps it on 24/7 for about a month.  That worked in the
spring and summer.
But like you I had my rhodies eaten in the winter.  This past spring I was
playing around with the CDs that the ISPs send, I like the way they catch
the light.  So I glued two together so the shiny sides showed and hung them
in trees.  Guess what, no deer!  I didn't even have to put the radio out.
There still haven't been any deer so far this winter.  Yet.  I move the CDs
ever so often so the deer don't get used to them in one spot.  I figure they
look like an eye in the dark, they catch the slightest light and spin in any
little breeze.  And they are free!  I had hosta for the show and the sale
this year.  I even won 3 golds.
Sam I Am, back to lurking