Re: Repelling Deer

In a message dated 12/29/00 10:13:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
yicadwallader@yahoo.com writes:

<< Although the blood meal seems kind of expensive (up to $7 per box), one
box or bag goesarborvitae. Since we've gone to casual dress in my office, I
don't always have enough worn out panty hose and have to buy cheap ones to
cut up for my "deer bags"!

Ok, Yuvonne and Denise this is totally disgusting but I will share as it is
much cheaper than blood meal.  A friend of mine raises decorative gourds to
sell at his feed store and greenhouse in the fall.  This past summer he was
visiting some of the big growers around Chicago and found one of them using
chicken livers in bags like you describe.

The local poultry processor gives him the chicken livers for free and he just
hangs them in bags at intervals around the field, the bags are made from
panty hose bought at the dollar tree which is one of those .99 stores.  He
said it worked like a charm so it would be cheap to try.

I am going to give the CD thing a try as my neighbors are close and I don't
think I can get away with chicken livers hanging around here, we did see five
deer in our back yard about three weeks ago, they like boxwood too.  N.