Too Damn Hot

  • Subject: Too Damn Hot
  • From: gw1944@vermontel.net (Glen Williams)
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 09:11:54 -0500 (EST)

This of course was the year that I finally put in a lot of bulbs. I have
narcissus up, along with species tulips, crocus, some new ( to me) iris,
garlic almost ready to bloom... and other  bulb projections which are
uncomfortably near the surface.I sense disaster for spring. This
combination of warm weather, little if any rain (and  what rain there is
always followed by warm weather) , and lack of  serious weather staying
below 25 degrees, does not seem to hold much promise. Any experience out
there? Am mulching like crazy.

New England in trouble, Glen W.

"We ought to make the pie higher." G. Bush Columbia South Carolina, 2/5/00
Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont
Tel: 802-885-2839