Re: Too Damn Hot

  • Subject: Re: Too Damn Hot
  • From: CBCTPLANT@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 10:37:36 EST

***********************************
I sense disaster for spring. This
combination of warm weather, little if any rain (and  what rain there is
always followed by warm weather) , and lack of  serious weather staying
below 25 degrees, does not seem to hold much promise. Any experience out
there? Am mulching like crazy.

Glen,
And for the first time in recent memory, my procrastination has finally paid off in that not only did I not get my bulbs in a timely fashion.........BUT........I am also enjoying the record-breaking temperatures to still be able to get bulbs into the ground! This never happens for us Scarlet O'Haras!
We'll have to compare notes in the Spring!

Maybe everyone else knows this, but while shooting the breeze at last month's great Hostas in Focus, I learned from the experts that a very important point to remember as we suffer through this late season drought.....make sure that your plants don't go into the frozen ground season DRY.  Be sure to water !

Happy winter worrying to you and yours!
Carol in CT z6/5