Re: slugs

  • Subject: Re: slugs
  • From: "Hank Zumach" <zumach@execpc.com>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 13:43:06 -0600

HI Jim--Your post brings to mind several questions I have had about slug
behavior.   As an example, I have wondered how far slugs will travel to get
to a food source.  Also,  once they have found an acceptable food source (an
individual hosta, say) will they leave that plant and travel to get to
baited poison?  How far away  can the bait be placed?  If they will not
travel more than  2-3 feet, that would affect where the bait should be
placed.  It seems to me that slugs have not moved from a plant to get to
bait applied very close by.
 Does anyone know of a good source of information about slug behavior?   If
so, I would appreciate getting that address.

Hank Zumach
Stoddard, WI