pick one event in the year

  • Subject: pick one event in the year
  • From: "Betty Schnellinger" <bejim@buffnet.net>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 02:38:35 -0500

Folks, this is an opportunity I just can't pass up.

The Great Lakes Region has an annual event called Hosta College.  It's
located in Piqua, Ohio, and is held in March.  It can accommodate 500 people
and sells out every year.  We move into a vocational school for one day and
schedule classes on all aspects of hosta growing and on other gardening
topics as well. There are hour-long sessions throughout the day with several
class choices in each time period.  Many names that you would recognize have
been teachers, but some classes are taught by unknowns like my husband, Jim,
who last year presented a well-received class on outdoor plant markers.  (I
couldn't believe how much there was to say about plant markers!  And how
much folks like to talk about them!)

Preference for registration is given to GL Region members.  The reason I'm
putting this on the talk lists -- in addition to the fact that it is a
FABULOUS event -- is to invite anyone who might like to teach a class to get
in touch with me.  Teachers are NOT paid but do have a couple of perks.

It's a great opportunity to learn a lot, along with friends old and new, and
to mingle with many of the "hosta greats".

If you're interested at all in teaching, please contact me privately:

Betty Schnellinger
Western New York Hosta Society
Great Lakes Hosta Region