Please read--Life lesson

  • Subject: Please read--Life lesson
  • From: ShayDguy@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 12:12:00 EST

  READ THIS, LET IT REALLY SINK IN, THERE'S SOME GOOD ADVICE HERE...

  THEN CHOOSE HOW YOU START YOUR DAY TOMORROW.

  Michael is the kind of guy you love to hate. He is always in a good mood
and always has something positive to say.

  When someone would ask him how he was doing, he would reply, "If I were
any better, I would be twins!"

  He was a natural motivator.

  If an employee was having a bad day, Michael was there telling the
employee how to look on the positive side of the situation.

  Seeing this style really made me curious, so one day I went up to Michael
and asked him, "I don't get it! You can't be a positive person all of the
time. How do you do it?"

  Michael replied, "Each morning I wake up and say to myself, you have two
choices today. You can choose to be in a good mood or ...  you can choose to
be in a bad mood.
  I choose to be in a good mood.

  Each time something bad happens, I can
choose to be a victim or...I can choose
to learn from it.  I choose to learn from it.

  Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their
complaining or... I can point out the positive side of life.
  I choose the positive side of life.

  "Yeah, right, it's not that easy," I protested.

  "Yes, it is," Michael said. "Life is all about choices.  When you cut away
all the junk, every situation is a choice.
   You choose how you react to situations.
   You choose how people affect your mood.
   You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood.

  The bottom line: It's your choice how you live your life."

  I reflected on what Michael said. Soon
thereafter, I left the Tower Industry to start my own business. We lost
touch, but I often thought about him when I made a choice about life instead
of reacting to it.

  Several years later, I heard that Michael was involved in a serious
accident, falling some 60 feet from a communications tower.

  After 18 hours of surgery and weeks of intensive care, Michael was
released from the hospital with rods placed in his back.

  I saw Michael about six months after the
accident. When I asked him how he was, he
replied. "If I were any better, I'd be twins.  Want to see my scars?"

  I declined to see his wounds, but I did ask him what had gone through his
mind as the accident took place.

  "The first thing that went through my mind was the well-being of my soon
to be born daughter, "  Michael replied. "Then, as I lay on the ground, I
remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live or ...I could
choose to die.
  I chose to live."

  "Weren't you scared? Did you lose consciousness?" I asked.

  Michael continued, "...the paramedics were great.  They kept telling me I
was going to be fine. But when they wheeled me into the ER and I saw the
expressions on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared. In
their eyes, I read "he's a dead man. I knew I needed to take action."

  "What did you do?" I asked.

  "Well, there was a big burly nurse shouting questions at me," said
Michael. "She asked if I was allergic to anything.

  "Yes, I replied." The doctors and nurses stopped working as they waited
for my reply. I took a deep breath and yelled, "Gravity."

  Over their laughter, I told them, "I am choosing to live. Operate on me as
if I am alive, not dead."

  Michael lived, thanks to the skill of his
doctors, but also because of his amazing
attitude. I learned from him that every day we have the choice to live
fully.

  Attitude, after all, is everything.

  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

  After all, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

  You have two choices now:
  1. Delete this.
  2. Forward it to the people you care about.