RE: Question {response to Mary Chastain}

  • Subject: RE: Question {response to Mary Chastain}
  • From: "Pinterics, Michael W (MED)" <Michael.Pinterics@med.ge.com>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 19:49:32 -0600

From my own observations this summer heat must play
a roll in seed setting/pollinization.
We had a cool  and wet spring into summer this year
in WI.  As Galaxy went into bloom seed setting, open
pollenization, the first 6 or 7 flowers set seed.  Then we
spiked a temp into the 90's and during that period no
flower set seed.  Once temps cooled pods again formed.
The scape became a histoirical record of the summer
temps.  It had definately caught my eye and helped me
resonisder some of my breeder stock locations for
future planting.