In the National Spotlight - again

  • Subject: In the National Spotlight - again
  • From: "Lori Johnson" <IJATSON@prodigy.net>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 22:25:31 -0500

Well, we made the national new AGAIN! Two years in a row we have had such tremendous amounts of snow fall in short order that Buffalonians are in the new again. The Weather Channel visited us yesterday to announce that Buffalo has been the lucky recipients of 4-5 feet of snow. Here in Tonawanda, a northern suburb of Buffalo, plows and snowblowers are keeping good pace, but other ares in WNY have been the winners of even more spectacular amounts of the powdery white mulch and are in a State of Emergency!
The snow odessy began on Christmas Eve with a healthy two foot accumulation in a 5 hour period. Up until that day, we had less than one inch of total snowfall here. The gods were merciful on Christmas day and decided everyone should be able to rest for a bit. The rest was short however, and my aching muscles are testiment enough for the labors of what lie ahead on the 26th and 27th. We are still in the throes of this storm, and the prediction is for another 12 - 20 inches overnight. I can only hope and pray that we get the full 20 inches so that my office will remain closed tomorrow and I can work on our local society newsletter!
I am once again offering free white mulch to anyone willing to come and claim it!
PS Bring a shovel.....
Lori Johnson
Tonawanda, NY