pete demos

  • Subject: pete demos
  • From: Shishi@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 22:35:17 EST

hi all,
pericles demos (pete to the world), left this world on saturday morning,
quietly, and in his own bed.  pete had been actively involved in bonsai in
the atlanta area for about 40 years.  a student of the master, felton jones,
and contemporary of david cook, pete grew many conifers that "didnt grow" in
the south, and hundreds of japanese maples and hosta.  his active church life
in the greek orthodox church has left a botanical wonderland in decatur ga.
his church friends called him "lazarus", because he came back from the dead
so many many times.  even last year, suffering from cancer, failed kidneys,
liver, etc etc, he was ordering maple grafts, and planting them.
all of you who have bought my maples; in piqua, buffalo, peoria, madison, st
lou, this was the guy on the tag; demos rare plants.
he inspired many gardens and gardeners in the region.  several landscapers
"owe" a lot to pete.
he will be remembered and loved by all who know him.
may the souls of the faithful departed, rest in peace, amen.
lovingly submitted

Harry Abel/Shinkigen...
 a new beginning
we do not create the beauty, we only point out the beauty
God has created.
bamboo artifacts for the garden and pond
hand carved lava water basins
hosta bonsai                  bamboo                  japanese maples
garden design/build/management
rock and roll