Re: Treflan seedling experiment

  • Subject: Re: Treflan seedling experiment
  • From: "Lu & Dan Nelson" hostanut@Bellsouth.net
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:27:12 -0500

Hey Charlie,

I noticed you reported your 'lethal dose' rate is 5%. I remember reading that some experimenters were aiming at a rate of LD50 using Surflan.

A rate of LD50 sure would thin your seedlings. Another thing it would do is assure that the survivors really got a dose that might 'rock their chromosomes a bit.

I'm willing to bet this is old news to you I just want to toss it out there. I've got 2 gallons of Surflan out in the pesticide shed but all I've ever used it for is pre-emergent weed control. I gave a pint to Jim Hawes 4 or 5 years ago in a plastic milk bottle. I hate to think what happened to that stuff because I know he didn't use it all.

Good luck with your Treflan experiments.

Dan and Lu Nelson