Re: Treflan seedling experiment

  • Subject: Re: Treflan seedling experiment
  • From: "Andrew Lietzow" alietzow@myfamily.com
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 09:27:34 -0600

Dear Charlie, Dan, and list,
I'm interested in a Surflan/Treflan amateur experiment.   Charles mentioned something about availability of a premixed solution from Indiana Bob as well as a preferred concentration level that might be useful for Hosta.   I presume this stuff can be shipped UPS, with proper packaging?   A plastic bottle about the size of an IsoPropyl Alcohol bottle tightly wrapped in bubble wrap should suffice?

So Dan, if you want to sell, trade, or gift me a few ounces, let me know.   Sorry I missed the call to the elves, but Lu knows lots of fairies who might be able to put in a good word for me.

And Charles, if you have info on availability and pricing from Indiana Bob, please advise.   In my voluminous spare time, I am planning to start two experiments this spring -- one with lighting (Metal Halide vs. Standard Flourescents for growing on seedlings) and one to attempt ploidy conversion.   I harvested right at 27 crosses which set seed from last year's efforts.   I expect to spend New Year's day getting the shelving set to start these, and squaring away my lighting for testing growth rates.

It's time to plant seed!

Ciao,
Andrew in Des Moines